Our pattern of the month is the Frog! The way to tell the difference between male and female frogs is by the size of their ears (located behind the eye). If the ear is larger than the eye, it is a male. If the ear is smaller than the eye, then it is a female.
Fun Facts About Frogs
- There are around 5000 species of frogs
- Each frog has an unique call and some frog calls can be heard a mile away
- Croaking is used by males to attract females
- Frogs don’t drink water, they absorb it through their skins
- If a frog is out of the water too long, it will quickly dehydrate
- Tropical frogs come in all different colors as a warning to predators that they are poisonous
Upcoming Frog Craft Activities
In our next blog, we’ll be sharing a few ideas and links for some fun frog craft activities that we found around the web. We’ll also have a free download pattern for the kids to make their own frog paper bag puppet. You can also check out our Puppet of the Month Pinterest Board.
Until then, enjoy our free download of a frog coloring page for the kids to color!
Need a Puppet with a Moving Mouth and Makes Expressions? We’ve got the pattern!
You can buy the Frog Puppet Sewing Pattern here. It is available as a digital download so you can start sewing immediately. Each pattern has step by step instructions and free video tutorial. In fact you can watch our free tutorial on how to sew the frog puppet right now! Beginner sewists have complimented us on how easy they found our instructions to follow. We recommend using fleece and felt to make our puppets because these fabrics are readily available from craft stores, inexpensive, washable and easy to sew.
What our customers are saying:
“Pattern is well written and easy to follow.”
“These are awesome looking puppets. I love them!”