We are working on creating step by step tutorials of how to sew all of our animal puppet patterns. Next out of the editing booth is the chicken!
This video is a step by step tutorial on how to sew the chicken puppet. Even though we include detailed instructions complete with pictures in the step by step instructions of our patterns, we decided to produce video tutorials to make it even easier for you to sew our puppets. Our patterns are available to buy as a digital download from our Etsy store or our website store.
This video series was created especially for beginner sewists with step by step instructions.
If you are a more experienced sewist, you can fast forward the video to the section that is of more interest to you.
You can also purchase the chicken pattern from our website! We are continually adding more patterns as soon as we complete each tutorial.
Patterns designed with the puppeteer in mind
We designed our puppets to made from fleece, felt and poly fil stuffing. All of which are inexpensive and easy to find materials. Since we are puppeteers, we also designed the puppets to be:
- extremely lightweight – some of our public appearances last for around 3 hours
- easy to operate – store bought puppet mouths are very hard to manipulate
- soft with no hard edges – for the play times with babies and toddlers
- kid safe – as long as everything is sewn on firmly
- easy to clean – for all of those little sticky fingers who love to pet the puppets