Our pattern of the month is the Cow! Actually all “cows” are female, males are bulls. And females can have horns, not just males. Researchers have found that if you name a cow and treat her as an individual, she will produce almost 500 more pints of milk a year. Cows have favorite friends and become stressed when they are separated.
Fun Facts About cows
- Cows can detect odors over 6 miles away
- Cattle have almost 300 degrees of vision, they have blind spots directly in front or in back
- Cows spend 10 to 12 hours a day lying down
- The first cows arrived in the Americas arrived on Columbus’ second journey
- Cows can walk up a flight of stairs, but once there, they can’t walk back down. Their knees just don’t bend the right way
Upcoming Cow Craft Activities
In our next blog, we’ll be sharing a few ideas and links for some fun cow craft activities that we found around the web. We’ll also have a free download pattern for the kids to make their own cow paper bag puppet. You can also check out our Puppet of the Month Pinterest Board.
Until then, enjoy our free download of a cow coloring page for the kids to color!
Need a Puppet with a Moving Mouth and Makes Expressions? We’ve got the pattern!
You can buy the Cow Puppet Sewing Pattern here. It is available as a digital download so you can start sewing immediately. Each pattern has step by step instructions and free video tutorial. In fact you can watch our free tutorial on how to sew the cow puppet right now! Beginner sewists have complimented us on how easy they found our instructions to follow. We recommend using fleece and felt to make our puppets because these fabrics are readily available from craft stores, inexpensive, washable and easy to sew.
What our customers are saying:
“Pattern is well written and easy to follow.”
“These are awesome looking puppets. I love them!”