Make your very own felt dog hand puppet using our free pattern. Very simple to make – just cut felt and glue together. You could hand sew it too, if you wanted.
What you’ll need:
• Dog Puppet Pattern PDF
• 2 tan felt sheets
• 1 red felt sheet or scraps
• 1 yellow felt sheet or scraps
• 1 white felt sheet or scraps
• 1 black felt sheet or scraps
• 1 pink felt sheet or scraps
• 1 dark brown felt sheet or scraps
• 1 antique white felt sheet or scraps
• Glue (Hot glue, Fabric Tac or any glue that works with felt)
How to Make the Dog Felt Hand Puppet:
Trace the body pattern on top tan felt sheet with crayon.
Pin the top tan felt sheet to bottom tan felt sheet so they stay together when you cut.
Cut the felt along the traced body line.
Glue the two layers of felt together around the edge keeping the bottom open for your hand.
Cut out all the felt features.
Glue the collar, tongue, muzzle and eyes.
Glue the tag, paws, noses and pupils.
Glue the top half of the ear, but leave the bottom free.
Cut small circles or squares of white felt to glue as gleams to the pupils.