Make your very own felt mallard hand puppet using our free pattern. Very simple to make – just cut felt and glue together. You could hand sew it too, if you wanted.
What you’ll need:
• Mallard Puppet Pattern PDF
• 1 white felt sheet or scraps
• 1 black felt sheet or scraps
• 1 orange felt sheet or scraps
• 1 tan (or heather) felt sheet
• 1 green felt sheet
• 2 dark brown felt sheets
• Washable Crayons
• Glue (Hot glue, Fabric Tac or any glue that works with felt)
How to Make the Mallard Felt Hand Puppet:
Trace the body pattern on top brown felt sheet with crayon.
Pin the top brown felt sheet to bottom brown felt sheet so they stay together when you cut.
Cut the felt along the traced body line.
Glue the two layers of felt together around the edge keeping the bottom open for your hand.
Cut out all the felt features.
Glue the wings and face into place.
Glue the eyes, pupils, beak and collar into place. Cut small circles or squares of white felt and glue to the pupils as gleams.