Make your very own felt triceratops hand puppet using our free pattern. Very simple to make – just cut felt and glue together. You could hand sew it too, if you wanted.
What you’ll need:
• Triceratops Puppet Pattern PDF
• 2 light green felt sheets
• 1 dark green felt sheet
• 1 black felt sheet or scraps
• 1 white felt sheet or scraps
• 1 yellow/orange felt sheet or scraps
• Washable Crayons
• Glue (Hot glue, Fabric Tac or any glue that works with felt)
How to Make the Triceratops Felt Hand Puppet:
Trace the body pattern on top felt sheet with a washable crayon.
Pin the top felt sheet to bottom felt sheet so they stay together when you cut.
Cut the felt along the traced body line.
Glue the two layers of felt together around the edge keeping the bottom open for your hand.
Cut out all the felt features.
Glue the nose horn, mouth and nose onto the muzzle.
Glue the muzzle, horns and eyes into place.
Glue the pupils into place.
Glue the frill into place on the back of the head. Cut small circles or squares of white felt and glue to the pupils as gleams.