Our pattern of the month is the Wolf! Wolves are the largest of the Canada family which includes domestic dogs, coyotes, dingoes, African hunting dog, and many types of foxes and jackals. Interestingly, wolves do not make good guard dogs. They are naturally afraid of unfamiliar visitors and will hide rather than bark.
Fun Facts About Wolves
- Wolves use facial expressions to communicate and maintain the unity of the pack
- Wolves can smell other animals over a mile away
- In the forest wolves can hear over 6 miles away, in open land, they can hear over 10 miles away
- A wolf howl only lasts 5 seconds but seems longer when the whole pack joins in
- Even though wolves are usually afraid of humans, they will respond to human howls
Upcoming Wolf Craft Activities
In our next blog, we’ll be sharing a few ideas and links for some fun wolf craft activities that we found around the web. We’ll also have a free download pattern for the kids to make their own wolf paper bag puppet. You can also check out our Puppet of the Month Pinterest Board.
Until then, enjoy our free download of a wolf coloring page for the kids to color!
Need a Puppet with a Moving Mouth and Makes Expressions? We’ve got the pattern!
You can buy the Wolf Puppet Sewing Pattern here. It is available as a digital download so you can start sewing immediately. Each pattern has step by step instructions and free video tutorial. In fact you can watch our free tutorial on how to sew the wolf puppet right now! Beginner sewists have complimented us on how easy they found our instructions to follow. We recommend using fleece and felt to make our puppets because these fabrics are readily available from craft stores, inexpensive, washable and easy to sew.
What our customers are saying:
“Pattern is well written and easy to follow.”
“These are awesome looking puppets. I love them!”