Make your very own felt owl hand puppet using our free pattern. Very simple to make – just cut felt and glue together. You could hand sew it too, if you wanted.
What you’ll need:
• Owl Puppet Pattern PDF
• 2 brown felt sheets
• 1 tan felt sheet
• 1 yellow felt sheet or scraps
• 1 orange felt sheet or scraps
• 1 white felt sheet or scraps
• 1 black felt sheet or scraps
• Glue (Hot glue, Fabric Tac or any glue that works with felt)
How to Make the Owl Felt Hand Puppet:
Trace the body pattern on top brown felt sheet with crayon.
Pin the top brown felt sheet to bottom brown felt sheet so they stay together when you cut.
Cut the felt along the traced body line.
Glue the two layers of felt together around the edge keeping the bottom open for your hand.
Cut out all the felt features.
Glue the belly and face to the body.
Glue the beak, eyes, pupils and gleams to the face.