Make your very own felt squirrel hand puppet using our free pattern. Very simple to make – just cut felt and glue together. You could hand sew it too, if you wanted.
What you’ll need:
• Squirrel Puppet Pattern PDF
• 2 tan felt sheets
• 1 antique white felt sheet
• 1 dark brown felt sheet or scraps
• 1 white felt sheet or scraps
• 1 black felt sheet or scraps
• Glue (Hot glue, Fabric Tac or any glue that works with felt)
How to Make the Squirrel Felt Hand Puppet:
Trace the body pattern on top tan felt sheet with crayon.
Pin the top tan felt sheet to bottom tan felt sheet so they stay together when you cut.
Cut the felt along the traced body line.
Glue the two layers of felt together around the edge keeping the bottom open for your hand.
Cut out all the felt features.
Glue the nose and mouth to the muzzle.
Glue the muzzle, belly, stripe and eyes.
Glue the ears, paws and pupils.
Cut small circles or square of white felt and glue to pupils as gleams.