Time to celebrate sloths as our pattern of the month! We noticed that sloths are “in” so we went to work and created our Sloth Puppet Sewing Pattern. We’ve gotten a lot of “oooohs” and “ahhhhhs” in response to how cute this puppet is.
Fun Facts about Sloths
- Sloths are clumsy on land but great swimmers
- Contrary to popular belief, sloths only sleep 8-10 hours a day
- Algae grows on their fur which helps to camouflage them
- Sloths can live up to 40 years in captivity
- Sloths eat mostly leaves which gives them minimal energy and nutrition
- Their predators are eagles, snakes and jaguars
- Sloths claws are 4 inches long to help hang on to tree branches
- An extinct sloth was once as large as an elephant
- Sloths live in trees
Upcoming Sloth Craft Activities
In our next blog, we’ll be sharing a few ideas and links for some fun sloth craft activities that we found around the web. We’ll also have a free download pattern for the kids to make their own sloth paper bag puppet. You can also check out our Puppet of the Month Pinterest Board.
Until then, enjoy our free download of a sloth coloring page for the kids to color!
You can buy the Sloth Puppet Sewing Pattern here. It is available as a digital download so you can start sewing immediately. Each pattern has step by step instructions and free video tutorials to make sewing even easier! Beginner sewists have complimented us on how easy they found our instructions to follow. Quote from a satisfied customer – “The instructions are clear and easy to understand.”