Make your very own felt alligator hand puppet using our free pattern. Very simple to make – just cut felt and glue together. You could hand sew it too, if you wanted.
What you’ll need:
• Alligator Puppet Pattern PDF
• 2 light green felt sheets
• 1 neon green felt sheet
• 1 black felt sheet or scraps
• 1 white felt sheet or scraps
• 1 yellow felt sheet or scraps
• Washable Crayons
• Glue (Hot glue, Fabric Tac or any glue that works with felt)
How to Make the Alligator Felt Hand Puppet:
Trace the body pattern on top felt sheet with a washable crayon.
Pin the top felt sheet to bottom felt sheet so they stay together when you cut.
Cut the felt along the traced body line.
Glue the two layers of felt together around the edge keeping the bottom open for your hand.
Cut out all the felt features.
Glue the face markings, eyes and nose onto the face.
Glue the teeth on the back of the face.
Glue the pupils into place.
Glue the face onto the body.
Glue the claws into place.
Cut small circles or squares of white felt and glue to pupils as gleams.