Make your very own felt parrot hand puppet using our free pattern. Very simple to make – just cut felt and glue together. You could hand sew it too, if you wanted.
What you’ll need:
• Parrot Puppet Pattern PDF
• 2 red felt sheets
• 1 orange felt sheet or scraps
• 1 yellow felt sheet or scraps
• 1 blue felt sheet or scraps
• 1 black felt sheet or scraps
• 1 white felt sheet or scraps
• Washable Crayons
• Glue (Hot glue, Fabric Tac or any glue that works with felt)
How to Make the Parrot Felt Hand Puppet:
Trace the body pattern on top felt sheet with a washable crayon.
Pin the top felt sheet to bottom felt sheet so they stay together when you cut.
Cut the felt along the traced body line.
Glue the two layers of felt together around the edge keeping the bottom open for your hand.
Cut out all the felt features. Glue middle wing on top of bottom wing. Glue top wing on top of middle wing. Mirror the other wing.
Glue the wings, topknot, beak, eyes and pupils into place.
Glue the gleams into place.